Ignoring the external and internal politics surrounding your project can be hazardous to your project's health.
The more power you have, better you are able to navigate organizational politics. Most project managers have enormous responsibility but not enough formal authority. Successful project managers understand the dynamics of power and politics and the importance of managing stakeholders through leadership and influence. Analyze the political landscape in your organizations and learn how to stop being naïve, protect yourself from “Sharks”, learn to be politically sensible, and convert your adversaries and opponents into your allies. Understand the five categories of stakeholders and uncover ways to manage politics at the project level and at upper management levels. In this highly interactive workshop, you will understand the important keywords for positive and negative politics; identify three political positions; develop strategies to manage five categories of stakeholders; and increase your leadership effectiveness. You will learn many practical tips to create a climate of more collaboration, teamwork, synergy, commitment and motivation for getting things done and leading people to their peak performance by using the art of positive politics.
Develop and enhance the contributions you make to your organization by being able to:
- Recognize the importance and dynamics of politics in project management
- Understand the difference between negative politics and positive politics
- Identify political behaviors of project stakeholders and learn how to manage them
- Analyze the political landscape in your organization (Three Political Positions)
- Understand Trust and Agreement model and identify five categories of stakeholders
- Develop strategies to convert your adversaries and opponents into your allies
- Manage politics at the project level and at the upper management level.