This fundamental level 2-day or 3-day course is designed to give new project managers and project team members working in a construction environment the essential tools they need to deliver successful projects. This course utilizes a simple turnkey construction project that is developed through the complete project lifecycle, from initial project proposal and definition, through project implementation, and finally to the often neglected project completion phase.
This course is Gold Seal accredited by the Canadian Construction Association.
Participants will gain practical skills to:
- Identify and avoid common causes of project failure.
- Identify options for structuring a project team.
- Develop clear project purpose, deliverable and objectives statements.
- Identify key areas of project risk, assess their impact and identify strategies for managing risks.
- Incorporate outside contractors as part of your project team.
- Analyze project scope by separating into discrete, manageable activities, complete with measurable deliverables.
- Model the flow and timing of a project.
- Identify “critical path” high priority tasks.
- Measure project status and performance with respect to cost and time.
- Create a productive team environment.
- Implement steps to properly close-out a project.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The Project Management Essentials for Construction course is appropriate for individuals who are:
- Responsible for managing construction projects.
- Active Participants on a project team, especially those who have not yet been exposed to the tools, techniques and terminology of formal project management.
- While of interest to contractors, the course is more targeted at “owners” and those who represent them.
There is no prerequisite for this course. It functions as a stand-alone course.
You will receive a course binder containing copies of presentation slides, case studies, templates, exercises and suggested solutions. You will also receive a CD containing various course reference materials.
There are no courses scheduled at this time.
BRING THIS COURSE IN-HOUSE
Call us at 416-693-5559 or 1-800-261-6861 (Canada & USA) or send us an email at email@example.com