This 3-day course is a condensation of The Comprehensive Business Analysis Seminar and is designed to provide you a fundamental understanding of core BA tools used for planning, elicitation and documentation of requirements.
This course is appropriate for Project Managers, Senior Managers, subject matter experts, and other project resources and will provide you with a better understanding of the value business analysis can bring to a project and the basic tools used to bring that value.
Taught through a series of discussions, examples, and real world hands-on exercises drawn from IT projects and real life, you will walk out with basic tools that can be applied immediately to projects assigned to you, whether your primary role is of a Project Manager, Product Manager, Developer, Quality Assurance Manager or other core project team member. This course is based on BABOK® v2.
Participants will gain practical skills to:
- Evaluate underlying business analysis competencies to gain an appreciation of how BAs add value to an
- Distinguish and give examples of the differences between business analysis and project management
- List and give examples of different requirement types
- Analyze and document a business problem
- Contrast viable solutions against developed decision criteria
- Describe the important sections of a business case
- Formulate criteria to determine best technique to elicit requirements
- Elicit requirements from various stakeholders using various methods
- Construct common requirement documentation deliverables
- Analyze business requirements
- Apply a robust requirement prioritization technique
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The Business Analysis Essentials is appropriate for individuals who are:
- Project Managers
- Senior Managers
- Subject matter experts
- Product Managers
- Quality Assurance resources
- Other project resources
- Business Analysts, both junior and senior, who want more comprehensive business analysis knowledge should consider our Comprehensive Business Analysis Part 1: Planning, Monitoring and Communication or our Comprehensive Business Analysis Part 2: Elicitation, Documentation and Analysis, or our Certificate in Business Analysis.
There is no prerequisite for this course. It functions as a stand-alone course.
You will receive a course binder containing copies of presentation slides, case studies, exercises, and suggested solutions.
There are no courses scheduled at this time.
BRING THIS COURSE IN-HOUSE
Call us at 416-693-5559 or 1-800-261-6861 (Canada & USA) or send us an email at email@example.com